Thanks for considering a submission to Middle of the Map. The editorial calendar features work in different categories each week including the following:
- Real Weddings: pictures and stories of couples wedding days (midwest exclusive).
- Floral Fridays: inspiring florals from weddings, and other events (not-midwest exclusive).
- Saturday Matinee: videos of fun engagements, editorial or styled shoots, stop motion, weddings days, etc.
- Trend We Love: unique wedding ideas that are currently trending. Sometimes we take part of a real wedding or inspiration shoot and use these details for this type of post.
- Inspiration and Editorial shoots created by midwest vendors.
- Love is Sweet: Amazing cakes, unique dessert bars, or other sweet treats.
- Want to collaborate or contribute? Please feel free to send me a message with your ideas.
So how do I submit?
To get the ball rolling and have your submission reviewed there are a few different options. Please follow these submission guidelines. Any submissions that do now follow these guidelines will not be considered.
- Send an e-mail: Send an e-mail to Emily at email@example.com. You can include a link to the images or video you'd like to have reviewed (if they're on a blog, website, VIMEO, or YouSendIt). Only send a link to a specific wedding or event. General links to businesses or blogs will not be considered.
- Via ZIP file if you're sending images. Only images in 72 resolution, and 1000 pixels (MINIMUM) wide for both horizontal and vertical, un-watermarked will be considered. Please choose 20-30 images for consideration. Also include a link to your website if you're a photographer, and contact info for the couple if it's a wedding. If you are a bride or groom, please include a little info about your day along with the images.
- Dropbox: Upload files to drop box using the same guidelines listed above. Any submissions not following these guidelines will not be considered.
- MOTM is a member of Two Bright Lights, and we accept submissions via their service. The same guidelines as above apply to any images shared via TBL.
All submissions will be reviewed as soon as possible, and you will be notified in 7-14 days if you've been accepted for posting. I may ask for additional images if a post is accepted for the site. You will also be provided with an expected date for your post will to go live, and will be notified and sent a link once your post is up on the blog. Please keep in mind that although all wedding are unique and special, not every wedding, vendor, etc. will be featured on the blog. By submitting to MOTM, you are giving your permission for us to share your images not only on the blog, but also on our social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
I try to inspire, and feature unique content on the blog, so when submitting events and shoots I ask that they not be featured on any other blogs prior to the submission, and until after they've been posted on Middle of the Map. This is to keep the content as fresh as possible, and from being something that's been posted on 20 other wedding blogs before. I am proud to offer a niche site that caters specifically to midwest weddings and vendors, and reaches a broad audience of readers searching for inspiration for their own events.
What types of content are most likely to get featured on the blog? Real Weddings, and Shoots with lots of details, unique ideas, or settings. All weddings are special and important to the couples, their family and friends, but not all weddings will be inspiring to our audience.
I want to thank you in advance for taking the time to share your weddings and events with Middle of the Map, and look forward to reviewing your submission.